[Cluster-devel] RCS sandbox

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 15:04:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 06:34 +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> for sometime now there has been a strong indication (on IRC) that the project
> should move away from CVS to land on a more modern RCS.

> Before you start a flame war that foo is better than bar and so on, let me
> explain that we all understand the RCS of choice is always binded to people
> personal tastes and it is basically impossible to make everybody happy.

I would vote for Mercurial if I had a say.

However, I'm sure someone with a far stronger opinion would complain,
so, forget I said anything.  In any case, I would like to recommend
restricting the possible choices to:

  * git
  * svn
  * mercurial (hg)

Rationale: That's what closely-related projects use (Linux, openais,
Linux-HA).

-- Lon