[Cluster-devel] cluster-2.03.00

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Sun Apr 13 11:56:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, David Teigland wrote:

> A new source tarball of cluster code has been released: cluster-2.03.00
> This has been taken from the STABLE2 branch in the cluster git tree.  It
> is compatible with the current stable release of openais (0.80.3), and the
> current stable release of the kernel (2.6.24).
>
>  ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cluster/releases/cluster-2.03.00.tar.gz

Hi David,

I think I either misunderstood the versioning system or I missed something
along the way.

My understanding was that STABLE2 release would have had version 2.02.xx
where xx is incremental per release and a stable SONAME set to 2.2.

Snapshots from master would have taken 2.99.xx and kept an unstable API
set for commodity to 2.9.

I really don't think we should change the SONAME unless there is a need
for it.

Fabio