Re: [Cluster-devel] New private branch: andyp_askant

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Andrew Price wrote:

Hi all,

I've created the private branch andyp_askant to use for importing my
project into the cluster tree. Askant is a file system performance
analysis tool which adds file system context data to the data provided
by blktrace. You can find out more about it in the askant/README file.

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/cluster.git?p=cluster.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/andyp_askant

The code (Python and C) is still fairly immature but I think it's a good
base to work off. Currently only GFS2 is supported but plugins can be
written for other file systems.

Currently it requires libgfs2 to be built manually before it will build.

Comments, suggestions, questions and patches welcome.

I created a branch fabbione_askant to plugin askant into the build system and move the code to a new section called contrib/.

If you are ok with those changes, I think you can push to master. I didn't test directly askant myself, but it builds fine and install as it should.