Re: [Cluster-devel] gfs uevent and sysfs changes

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:31 PM, David Teigland <teigland redhat com> wrote:
> Here are the compatibility aspects to the recent ideas about changes to
> the user/kernel interface between gfs (1 & 2) and gfs_controld.
>
> . gfs_controld can remove id from hostdata string in mount options

hi david,

I know I'm a peripheral consumer of the cluster suite, but I thought
I'd chime in and say that I am currently using the "id" as passed into
the kernel in the hostdata string (I believe by mount.gfs2?) in my
pNFS work.  does the above "gfs_controld can remove id from hostdata
string" comment refer to something orthogonal, or would it affect what
gets stored in the superblock's hostdata at mount time?

..hm, sorry, I don't have the code right in front of me, but is that
"id" in the hostdata string the same thing as the mountgroup id?  if
so, then my above worry about the hostdata string is moot, because if
gfs_controld still has that info I can just make a downcall.

thanks,

  .