Re: [Cluster-devel] [RFC/PATCH] make /etc/cluster/cluster.conf configurable

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Patrick Caulfeld wrote:

Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

Hi guys,

the patch makes it possible to change the default configuration file by
setting DEFAULT_CONFIG_DIR (default to /etc/cluster) and
DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE (cluster.conf).

I need to address two small issues before I can commit it (hence the RFC).

rgmanager/src/resources/utils/config-utils.sh
cman/init.d/cman
rgmanager/init.d/rgmanager

and a bunch of manpages hard encoded file name and path.

Fixing those is easy but to do it clean, I would have to rename them to
something .in and that would kill the RCS history and I don't like that.

The other solution would be to place some sed magic at install: time
that is a bit more "dirty" but IMHO good enough for a temporary solution
while we wait for a proper RCS to appear. Suggestion? Ideas?

This patch can wait.. it really lands in the category of "nice to have".

I would be inclined to leave the man pages as they are, but add a
comment in them to the effect that the file might be moved if the
packages were built by hand (or something).

That's about 18 man pages to modify to add a comment. I would generally agree with you but I think it's easier to just sed them at build time.

Anyone who changes the file location either
1) knows what they are doing or

right.

2) is packaging, and has to take responsibility for that themselves.
(yes I know ...)

agreed.. but well it will make delta's across distros closer to 0 if we can provide the feature for them.