[Cluster-devel] Re: Why the gfs2 performance regressed?

On Jan 2, 2008 6:19 PM, Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho redhat com> wrote:
> Are you running single node? if so then use lock_nolock rather than
> lock_dlm as it will be much faster for fcntl locks. Even if you intend
> to run as a cluster eventually, a single node comparison against
> lock_nolock would be useful to try and eliminate some possibilities,
No, I'm using a two nodes environment, the /mnt/gfs2 are gfs2 mounting
points on both two nodes, and they are both samba shared folders.
And in fact, the two nodes are using a clustered LVM from the same
iSCSI device, so dlm would be the only lock manager?

Actually What I cannot explain is merely that the only difference with
the kernel: from 2.6.18-53.el5 (stocked with RHEL51) to latest
gfs2-nmw.git, I don't know why.

--
Denis Cheng