Re: [Cluster-devel] fenced logsys/cman/ccs setup

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, David Teigland wrote:

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 10:49:05AM -0500, David Teigland wrote:
#define DEFAULT_FILE LOGDIR "/fenced.log"

LOGDIR is set by the build system (same reasons as SYSLOGFACILITY). We
want files by default consistently across the board.

I think that by default we should probably have all logging go to
/var/log/messages like it has in the past.  Or, if we're daring, maybe
have it all go to /var/log/cluster.log.  But, I really doubt that people
want all programs to log to different files.

Thinking more about this, debug logs would definately make sense in
per-program log files like fenced.log.

Right :)

I was thinking about the error
messages we're switching from syslog to logsys.  So, how do we tell logsys
to use /var/log/messages for errors and a separate file for debug output?

Why do you need this? Remember that you are setting a syslog facility. syslog doesn't necessarely send info locally and a certain facility can be directed to a specific file (even remote).

The normal /var/log/cluster/fenced.log will collect everything locally (if enabled).