Re: [Cluster-devel] Cluster Project branch, master, updated. cluster-2.99.05-66-g0dcc5e5

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, David Teigland wrote:

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 09:57:37AM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
+#define DEFAULT_MODE		LOG_MODE_OUTPUT_SYSLOG_THREADED | \
+				LOG_MODE_NOSUBSYS | \

isn't LOG_MODE_NOSUBSYS going to remove [FENCED] from the output?

How are we going to recognize our messages in syslog?

My understading was that NOSUBSYS should be used to print to stderr only

I added the flag after noticing that syslog already prefixes it, e.g.

Jul 11 13:30:56 bull-01 fenced[4214]: [fenced] cluster is down, exiting

But the real reason we'd want it, I suspect, is if someone sends all
cluster errors to a common /var/log/cluster/cluster.log, in which case I
think we'd want logsys to add a prefix...

Maybe the NOSUBSYS implementation in logsys needs a change.

I think we always want SUBSYS when writing to file but we can skip it when writing to syslog and stderr. Tho I am not sure it's actually doable because the string format is indipendent from the target log.

Lon should know this bit better than me since he implemented it :)