[Cluster-devel] [GFS2] Git tree status

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 08:53:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've just been catching up after getting back from holiday. Yesterday I
sent to minor bug fixes to Linus, so today I've just updated the -nmw
git tree by rebasing to Linus' latest kernel.

There are a few patches which I have left in my queue to look at and
possibly include in the upcoming merge window, and I'll try to get to
those shortly.

If you've been following the progress of GFS2 closely, then you'll see
that there are far fewer patches for this merge window than there have
been on previous occasions. This is a result of the slower rate of
change as things stabilise, and I hope that we'll be able to keep future
merges as small. It is of course helped by the fact that the DLM now has
its own tree as well.

The current patch naming convention of [subsys] <patch description>
which was taken from the network patch naming scheme is not used by
other parts of the kernel. They use subsys: <patch description> instead.
The network tree has changed to this new scheme and its my plan to do
the same for the GFS2 tree _after_ this next merge window. Until then
I'll continue to use the current system, so this is just a heads up on
that change.

As usual, if there are any questions/comments, drop me a line,

Steve.