[Cluster-devel] Cluster Project branch, master, updated. cluster-2.99.03-3-ge879971

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 15:22:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, David Teigland wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 08:55:49AM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> As long as David is ok with it.. i was explicitly told that those
>> libraries are for internal use only.
>>
>> David can we make a final call on those libs?
>
> Yes, libdlmcontrol is meant to be usd by ocfs2_controld.  I still think it
> needs to be kept "private", or "internal" in some way to prevent someone
> from trying to use it.

This is tricky.. the only half clean way i can think of is to use a non
standard library path:

/usr/lib/dlmcontrol/

without adding it to the standard LD_PATH.

all the cluster bits can just keep linking statically. "Advanced users"
like ocfs2 can either add that to the LD_PATH and link dynamically or
build statically (whatever they prefer).

Clearly the include file will also have to go outside standard paths..

It's not clean.. i am not very happy to go this route, but i think it's
the only one to protect the library as "private".

I welcome better suggestions tho...

Fabio

PS shipping only static library is not an option.