Re: [Cluster-devel] Cluster Project branch, master, updated. cluster-2.99.03-3-ge879971

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, David Teigland wrote:

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 08:55:49AM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
As long as David is ok with it.. i was explicitly told that those
libraries are for internal use only.

David can we make a final call on those libs?

Yes, libdlmcontrol is meant to be usd by ocfs2_controld.  I still think it
needs to be kept "private", or "internal" in some way to prevent someone
from trying to use it.

This is tricky.. the only half clean way i can think of is to use a non standard library path:

/usr/lib/dlmcontrol/

without adding it to the standard LD_PATH.

all the cluster bits can just keep linking statically. "Advanced users" like ocfs2 can either add that to the LD_PATH and link dynamically or build statically (whatever they prefer).

Clearly the include file will also have to go outside standard paths..

It's not clean.. i am not very happy to go this route, but i think it's the only one to protect the library as "private".

I welcome better suggestions tho...

Fabio

PS shipping only static library is not an option.