Re: [Cluster-devel] Changes in libccs behaviour (PLEASE READ!)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Lon Hohberger wrote:

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 11:16 +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
Hi guys,

I just landed the last bits in libccs to support both xpath lite and full
xpath queries. With this new code, a couple of things need to be checked
across all applications using libccs.

Relevant changes:

ccs_connect() used to return only when cluster is quorated.
This is not the case anymore. ccs_connect will return as soon as it can
connect to aisexec and init properly (or fail).
You can use cman_is_quorate from libcman for the same feature.

This is good - one of the things we've had happen in the past is the
"Not quorate/refusing connection" messages reported thousands of times.

I guess admins didn't like it :D

The reason why I did remove the quorum check is because i don't believe it belongs there. Note that this also removes the guarantee that the configuration you are reading is from a quorated cluster.

It is an important bit that should not be understimated.

In order to make sure of what you are reading, you want to have a positive answer from cman_is_quorate and then ccs_connect/get.

The good side is that ccs_connect now connects to cman/aisexec objdb. It virtually removes the problem of thinking in terms of connecting to 2 different daemons.