[Cluster-devel] Re: [Ocfs2-devel] [RFC] configfs: Pin configfs subsystems separately from new config_items.

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Tue Jun 24 17:03:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 07:04:23AM +0200, Louis Rilling wrote:
> Yup, I realized it this night (prevented me from sleeping by the way).
> The previous arguments remain valid though. I hope that you won't discard
> them because of this buggy one :)

	I'm quite happy with the current code, and I figure to leave it
(taking a module_get() on item->owner).  Thanks for thinking it out with
me.

> struct config_item * item = to_item(filp->f_path.dentry->d_parent);
> [...]
> if (item)
> 	config_item_put(item);
>
> It looks strange:
> 1/ either item may be NULL, and there is a probable memory leak because of the
> reference grabbed in configfs_open_file();
> 2/ or item may never be NULL and this check is just useless and (at least for
> me) misleading.
>
> If I understand correctly, option 2 is correct because

	I think you are right about (2), but I'm not changing it.  That
code comes from sysfs and I try not to change it unless its wrong.
sysfs has actually changed their handling over time.  What I try to do
is keep track of such changes and sometimes bring them over if
warranted.  I haven't had a chance to look at the new way sysfs does it.

Joel

--

	f/8 and be there.

Joel Becker