Re: [Cluster-devel] logsys in fenced

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 04:21:55PM -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> I have yet to study logsys enough to propose an alternative to the macro
> magic that's now isolated at the end of fd.h.

I've done some logsys studying and discussed it with Steve Dake.  The
logsys implementation and api is heavily geared toward use by openais
plugins (see the entire notion of "subsystems" that logsys is built
around).  Using it from a general program like fenced, not an
openais-plugin, makes the mismatch painfully clear.

So, I don't hold out much hope that logsys is going to be useful for
non-plugins.  But, just because we don't share the actual code that
performs logging, doesn't mean we can't have a uniform approach for
setting up logging properies for all cluster-related programs.  That may
still be a worthwhile goal.