Re: [Cluster-devel] [RFC] Common cluster connection handler API

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, David Teigland wrote:

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 07:26:09AM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
connect to ccs
connect to cman
wait for cman_is_active
return 0 on success, < 0 otherwise if we fail to connect within
max_attempts or blocking is set to 0.. or any other error for the matter.

I'm not in favor of another layer, let's just fix things up where needed.

that's virtually in every tool/daemon. I don't see this as a real layer. Just a simple helper to do it right everywhere.

I was actually hoping that with no more ccsd there'd be no more
"connecting" to ccs, but that's probably a topic for one of the ccs
meetings...

The only partial advantage you have, as i documented and wrote to cluster-devel, is that if you are connected to cman and cman_is_active, you are guaranteed 99.9% to connected to ccs without problems (only reason for rejection would be lack of resources on the machine, but at that point you have more serious issues to worry about).