Re: [Cluster-devel] logsys in fenced

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:06:01AM -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> The hope that I do still hold out for using logsys, is that we may be able
> to develop a simple syslog-like api for it, that would either parallel or
> sit above the plugin-oriented api that's there now.  Steve claims that the
> syslog(3) api is fundamentally broken and didn't sound at all interested
> in the idea, but maybe others are more open to the idea?

	I wonder what's fundamentally broken about it.  I'm sorry that
logsys doesn't use syslog internally - how does it log remotely, for
example? :-)

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #94

	"Make it a habit to do nice things for people who
	 will never find out."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle