Re: [Cluster-devel] [RFC] Common cluster connection handler API

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, David Teigland wrote:

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 08:19:36PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
I was actually hoping that with no more ccsd there'd be no more
"connecting" to ccs, but that's probably a topic for one of the ccs
meetings...

The only partial advantage you have, as i documented and wrote to
cluster-devel, is that if you are connected to cman and cman_is_active,
you are guaranteed 99.9% to connected to ccs without problems (only
reason for rejection would be lack of resources on the machine, but at
that point you have more serious issues to worry about).

Oops, sorry, I'm still not thinking straight about the new ccs... yeah,
that makes sense that if cman is up then ccs should be there, since both
are openais extensions.  I'm curious, after cman_init() succeeds, what
more does cman_is_active() mean?  In practice would cman_init() ever be
ok, but cman_is_active() not be ok?

Sorry I forgot to mention another important bit. There is also the cman_is_quorated bit that I mentioned in the first email.

Some daemons need quorum to be of any use and they often rely on the old ccs_connect behaviour. They should instead rely on cman_is_quorate etc.