Re: [Cluster-devel] logsys in cluster3

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, David Teigland wrote:

- configuration setup: big blocks of setup code are repeated and largely
 the same, make this less

I will take care of this bit since i already done it.

the api will look like:

int gimme_logging_config_data(char *name, int debug)

return 0 if ok 1 on failure
char *name is the subsystem name as declared
debug = 0 if no debug override is coming from cli or envvar, 1 if debug has been forced by cli or envvar.

I still would like to agree on be able to try to config logging as early as possible and then try later if it fails tho.

This problem would just disappear if we can agree on the other common cluster connection bit. At that point, we configure once we connect and we keep logging only the attempts to connect. Everybody is happy everafter ;)

 ccs should notify programs
 of cluster.conf change,

cman will take care of this since ccs is just a plugin now and cman has the API there and i see little gain to do it again. Ok?