[Cluster-devel] Cluster 3 release schedule draft

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 19 04:57:39 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

after stable2 branching and first release, we started pushing again the
development of master.

We need to identify what we absolutely want in what will be cluster3 /
stable3 branch and set some kind of deadlines to achieve those goals.

David already started a wiki page to describe what should happen to the
different subsystems here:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/cluster3plans

and I took the freedom to draft a release schedule based on David input:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/cluster3schedule

The general items in the schedule are fairly known to all developers. I
added 2 points that are a bit less fun for developers, but i believe will
give a better overview of what is going to happen.

Specifically the 5th and 10th of Apr 2008.

By the 5th, all the features we believe should be in cluster 3 should be
documented in the wiki by having an entry in the cluster3plans and a link
to another page with the current status and rationale (see
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/cman3detail like Christine did). It
will help the team to understand the reason for a change and how is going
to happen.

By the 10th, all the docs should be reviewed by the whole team and
prioritized to make sure that more important goals will receive more love.
In order to do this, i would like to suggest that we held a few IRC
meetings (or conf call) to go through the differnet suggested features and
greenlight them or not.

Comments?

Cheers
Fabio