[Cluster-devel] Cluster Project branch, STABLE2, updated. cluster-2.03.02-7-ga6b6a30

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Tue May 13 20:13:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:01:13PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It might be a silly question, but this looks to me like trying to fix a
> kernel bug by adding a userland one. Why not simply update the kernel to
> return the correct value?

Yes, there's already a kernel fix in dlm.git, see
  "dlm: fix plock dev_write return value"

http://git.kernel.org/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/teigland/dlm.git;a=shortlog;h=next

Suppressing the message spamming is a good solution in the mean time, and
has a better chance of getting to customers before the kernel patch.