Re: [Cluster-devel] Cluster Project branch, master, updated. cluster-2.99.02-27-gd1d2954

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Ryan McCabe wrote:

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 05:39:32AM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

  - Clarify copyright notice so that GPLv2 is specified explicitly.

Is there any reason why it's not LGPL? I thought all our shared libraries
should be LGPL to make life simpler for other people to use...

It is LGPL. I just made a typo in the commit message. I specified the
version of the LGPL.

Ok :)

  - Use the full path to ssh and telnet when executing the binaries.

It's generally better to avoid harcoding paths if we can avoid it. Custom
builds would require extra patching if for example ssh is in
/usr/local/bin..

From a security point of view, I think it's bad practice to be using a
relative path in an exec-type call as root. It'd be better to have the
makefile system fill in (or change) the paths if we want to allow for
builds with ssh and telnet in non-standard places.

Ok. I think you have a point here. We will need to do a review of the code for all those options or find a way to track them because there are tons of them.

This change is not respected by the Makefile system. Everything between
#BEGIN and #END is virtually ignored. Do we need to respect this spacing?
If so, i will just change the build system to do it.

Not a big deal either way, really. It can be ignored.

I am ok either way. whatever is the cleanest should go in.

Thanks