[Cluster-devel] making init scripts distro agnostic

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 13:36:56 UTC 2008

One of the goals agreed at the Cluster Summit 2008 was to ship init
scripts that did work on all distribution.

I just landed a first cut of this work into the initscripts branch in git:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/cluster.git?p=cluster.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/initscripts

I tested those changes on 3 distributions and they work for me.

Unless I receive any major complain, those changes will land in master
friday.

There is still some work that needs to be done to cleanup the scripts. I
am perfectly aware of that, but this is one step forward.

Thanks
Fabio