[Cluster-devel] Re: [DLM] Fix up memory alloc/kmap

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:02:57AM +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> In addition kmap was being used incorrectly. The reason that this hasn't
> been seen before is that the pages are allocated using ls->ls_allocation
> which doesn't allow highmem pages to be returned. I haven't changed that
> since although kmap implies a GFP_KERNEL allocation, without highmem
> pages, they will be no-ops for now and thus safe. Also sendpage does its
> own kmap (if required, which is only if the protocol is emulating
> sendpage via sock_no_sendpage) so that the k(un)map pair around that
> call can be removed.

Sorry, I don't understand this, it's late and I'm probably being dense...

- We can remove kmap/kunmap from send_to_sock() because...

- We can remove kmap/kunmap from sctp_init_assoc() because...

- We cannot remove kmap/kunmap from dlm_lowcomms_get_buffer/
  dlm_lowcomms_commit_buffer because...