Re: [Ocfs2-devel] [Cluster-devel] [RFC] Splitting cluster.git into separate projects/trees

David Teigland wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:11:00PM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
I'd have thought fence.git and fence-agents.git in one and cman.git
and rgmanager.git in another.
But I may be missing some of the interdependencies.

I wouldn't mind either of those combinations.  Maybe rgmanager's last
stand will be in cluster.git anyway... if so, then it's not a factor.

I didn't have much reason for separating fence/fence-agents.  We're
planning on unifying it all anyway, even if the agents are done sooner.
And I don't think packaging/releasing agents separately should have much
bearing on the source tree?  (I've heard interest in putting agents in
their own package for Fedora.)

Dave

Cobbler is also starting to use the fence agents in a totally non-cluster related way. So some separate of fence/fenced from fence agents - at least on the packaging end - would be really useful

-subhendu