Re: [Cluster-devel] SAP resource agents

Hi Mark,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Mark Hlawatschek wrote:

Hi,

we have made another step to improve the way how to run SAP on a Red Hat high
availability cluster.

thanks for the submission.

As a result, you'll find the latest versions of the following resource agents
and event-scripts attached:

A few things tho...

Many thanks to Alexander Krauth for providing the SAP resource agents.

- SAPDatabase:
The purpose of the resource agent is to start, stop and monitor the database
instance of a SAP system.

- SAPInstance:
Manages a single SAP Instance as a High-Availability resource.

on what platform have those scripts been tested?

- follow-service.sl
Implements the "follow service" logic based on rgmanagers RIND event
mechanism. This is needed to implement a replicated enqueue failover
scenario.

depending on what branch this should land, we need to look into the licence. master/stable2 are now gpl2+. New submission should respect that licence. Updating old bits (like the SAP* files is still ok with the old licence for now).

I'd also like to have a proper diff on top of the branch with explanation of the changes. Some of them are related to defaults and depending where they should be applied, it might be important to review them all together.