[Linux-cluster] Re: [Cluster-devel] PAM and NSS for clusters

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 18:05:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 15:43 +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Kadlecsik Jozsef wrote:

> > http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/sw/cluster/

> This looks very interesting. Did you consider submitting those patches
> upstream?

I agree - it's very cool.  It can't be used for bringing up GFS
(chicken/egg), but for permissions on the file system and such, it looks
pretty good.

What's neat is that you don't need centralized management server(s) :)

> I am pretty sure some of them (like PAtch 1) should be accepted right
> away given they fix what could be a bug and reduce your delta in time.

0005 looks like it statically defines /etc/cluster_rootdir, but I am
probably reading the patch incorrectly.  I don't know PAM well enough to
answer this question, so I need to ask it anyway:

* Is there a way to make the root directory configurable, or are admins
expected to link /etc/cluster_rootdir to /gfs/system (or whatever they
choose)?

Side note:

I wonder if it would get accepted in a distribution ... that would be
neat.  Since it doesn't actually require cluster software itself (just a
shared file system), then it shouldn't be that hard... in theory :/

-- Lon