[Cluster-devel] [RFCPATCH] port cluster stable3 to latest corosync API (untested)

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 12:28:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 13:38 +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi Ladies and Gents,
>
> this is a preliminary patch to port cman/ccs and cpg users to the new
> corosync API. It was mostly a mechanical work based on original Chrissie
> patch for cman.
>
> It is _untested_ and on top of:
>
> corosync svn r2125
> openais  svn r1847

tested now on top of very latest corosync and openais. The stack starts
without problem and it seems to be running fine.

Unless there are objections I'll land this patch the same day corosync
0.96 and openais 0.95 will be released, let it boil there for a day or
two and then release 3.0.0.rc2.

I only found one bug after all, but it could have been there before the
change:

2 nodes setup + qdisk

service cman start

cluster is formed, daemons are running etc.

fence_node node1

node1 is rebooted just fine.

node1: service cman start <- the node is killed by cman/corosync and not
allowed to join the cluster for no apparent reason.
Testing with and without qdisk didn't make any difference.

It's not always reproducible.

Fabio