Re: [Cluster-devel] waiting in init.d/cman

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 07:25:53PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> I can see the possibility to block the boot for quorum when quorum might
> never be available. As above, I don't mind to add that to the init
> script, but it will need yet another timeout.

Sure, but as I mentioned, if cman doesn't wait for quorum, then clvmd,
rgmanager or gfs mount will... and those don't time out and sometimes can't be
cancelled, whereas cman_tool wait -q can be.

The no wait option is good, it could make sense in some cases, like when no
other init scripts follow cman that depend on quorum.

Dave