[Cluster-devel] Re: [RFC]Drop unused plock resource when no other plock request comes

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 05:00:44PM +0800, Jiaju Zhang wrote:
> It seems no chance to trigger the drop_resources to work if there is no
> other plock requests (which are requesting for another lock resource) come
> from node A.
> But I still wonder if there is a way to improve this?

You're correct; yes the daemon could easily be changed to drop resources when
there's no locking activity.  We'd just set a poll timeout when
plock_resources is non-empty and call drop_resources() if it times out.

(If you simply want to work around this, you can write a little program to
lock a file on the fs to trigger the drop.)

Dave