Re: [Cluster-devel] cluster-3.0.0.alpha5 build problems against 2.6.28.7 ...

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 13:46 +0100, Marc - A. Dahlhaus wrote:
> Hello Fabio,
>
> Fabio M. Di Nitto schrieb:
> > Hi Marc,
> >
> > On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 23:11 +0100, Marc - A. Dahlhaus wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> just to let you all know, i had to do this to get gfs.ko to build:
> >>
> >> sed -i 's/__grab_cache_page/grab_cache_page/g'
> >> gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_address.c
> >>

> > Abhi, could you please check if something has changed upstream that
> > require this change?
> >

> >> I'm in the middle of testing the release with my poor-mans test
> >> environment at home
> >> consisting of a ggaoed ATA over Ethernet target and 3 x86_32 nodes. I'll
> >> report any
> >> problems here when i get bitten by them.
> >>

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Fabio
> >

> Some simple tests with gfs and gfs2 resulted in no bigger problems but i
> can't stress test it with my actual setup as the aoe target trows
> commands away if the buffers get overloaded. I have to reconfigure it
> before i can do some better stress testing with bonnie++ or some other
> benchmark or test scenario you might suggest...

That's good news. Take your time.

> However i tested the storage-failure case (killing aoe target in the
> middle of mount) and got some backtraces (from the withdrawing codepath)
> and a hung up system (which i expected, so i didn't consider this as an
> error :o).

It would be important to see those anyway to make sure they are coming
from the correct layer.

> I'll try to reproduce this over the next few days and catch anything
> over serial console to post it here, maybe it could be of some use to
> catch such errors better.

Yes absolutely.

> What i think is missing is a hint to create an ais user for corosync
> startup, so the documentation in usage.txt isn't up to date anymore but
> i could have missed something?!

Corosync documentation has those info as they belong there.

> I think the startup procedure for the applications changed also a bit in
> stable3 so the usage.txt might need a larger rewrite.

Yes, we know that most of the documentation needs to be updated for
stable3 and it's going to happen soonish since we are about to approach
beta/rc/final.

> By the way: Good work on the init scripts, they worked like a charm here
> out of the box. I had to edit the stable2 ones quite a bit to get them
> going.

great! nice to know!

Thanks a lot for your testing! It's really appreciated