Re: [Cluster-devel] Adding a fence agent

Hi Dwight,

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 17:20 -0700, Dwight Hubbard wrote:
> I created a fence agent script for the Digital Loggers WebSwitch II
> which seems to be working in accordance to the fencing documentation.
>
> Now I have a question.  How do I install the script to work properly
> with the cluster management tools?
>
> It looks like system-config-cluster is pretty monolithic and I would
> like to be able to install it in a way that updates, etc don't end up
> overwriting everything. Not to mention, the manual editing of the
> cluster.conf is a royal pain.

The best solution would be for you to submit the fence agents to us so
that it can be included in standard releases and maintained together
with management tools. This would solve the problem in the long run.

For the short term you can install the agent in the same /sbin
or /usr/sbin directories as the others (it won't be overwritten), but
unless you are dealing to patch the management tools, they won't be able
to know anything about it.

I believe the management tools (conga specifically) are changing to
automatically import fence agents data and adapt automatically but they
are not there yet.