Re: [Cluster-devel] Fencing Agent for Qemu

Hi Matthew,

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 22:23 +0100, Matthew Ife wrote:
> I know there is a fencing agent for Xen but since Redhat have pretty
> much dropped all support for Xen now its not very effective for me to
> use it. Plus - I prefer KVM/Qemu.
>
> In order to save everyone else the effort, attached is a somewhat
> restrictive qemu fencing agent. Its plainly not meant to be used for
> production because the hypervisor connection is unauthenticated and
> unencrypted.

did you ever consider using fence_virsh or fence_xvm?

They both support libvirt in F10 and higher and they use ssh and
authenticated connections to the host system to perform their duties.

I use fence_virsh myself without a problem.

If there is a clear benefit to add fence_qemu compared to what's already
in the tree, I am sure our fence agents guys can look at this
implementation but I'd rather avoid to have in the tree a possible
duplicate.

Cheers