Re: [Cluster-devel] ccs_config_dump / ccs_config_validate

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 06:49:29PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> did you try the -v option in the version I committed a few hours ago
> based on your previous suggestions? :)
>
> Skipping the rest of the email for obvious reasons :)))
>
> So unless I am missing something, the current implementation does
> exactly what you have been asking for.

Yes, I think it has all the capabilities we need, but the usage, options, and
output are still quite confusing.  Here's what I'd like to see:

ccs_config_validate [options] [-f|-l] [/path/to/file]

  -f /path/to/file      Validate the config from the specified file.

  -l [/path/to/file]    Validate the config from the specified file
                        (or other source using /etc/sysconfig/cman),
                        after loading it into config libs which add
                        default values.

  -v                    Produce verbose output
  -d                    Produce debug output
  -V                    Print program version information, then exit
  -h                    Print this help, then exit

Debugging options:
  -C config_loader      Override config plugin loader
  -t tempfile           Force temporay file to tempfile
  -n                    Do not remove temporary file
  -o                    Overwrite temporary file (dangerous)

verbose option would add "test file" / "test load" output

> ccs_config_validate -v -f /path/to/file
test file /path/to/file

> ccs_config_validate -v -l /path/to/file
test load /path/to/file

> ccs_config_validate -v -l
test load [/path/to/file | ldap/url]

> ccs_config_validate -v
test load [/path/to/file | ldap/url]

debug option would add config libs and temp file output

> ccs_config_validate -v -d -l
test load [/path/to/file | ldap/url]
config libs [xmlconfig|ldapconfig]:cmanpreconfig
temporary file /tmp/tmp.cbtgJ20313