[Cluster-devel] ccs_config_dump / ccs_config_validate

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 20:50:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 13:34 -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 06:49:29PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> > did you try the -v option in the version I committed a few hours ago
> > based on your previous suggestions? :)
> >
> > Skipping the rest of the email for obvious reasons :)))
> >
> > So unless I am missing something, the current implementation does
> > exactly what you have been asking for.
>
> Yes, I think it has all the capabilities we need, but the usage, options, and
> output are still quite confusing.  Here's what I'd like to see:
>
> ccs_config_validate [options] [-f|-l] [/path/to/file]

>   -f /path/to/file      Validate the config from the specified file.
>
>   -l [/path/to/file]    Validate the config from the specified file
>                         (or other source using /etc/sysconfig/cman),
>                         after loading it into config libs which add
>                         default values.
>
>   -v                    Produce verbose output
>   -d                    Produce debug output
>   -V                    Print program version information, then exit
>   -h                    Print this help, then exit
>
> Debugging options:
>   -C config_loader      Override config plugin loader

Forgot to mention this one.. being able to override is not debugging.

It's very useful if I am migrating from one config system to another.

For example I just imported current cluster.conf into LDAP, before I
change default settings, I can ask to validate the config there (or
whatever possible combination).

Fabio