Re: [Cluster-devel] ccs_config_dump / ccs_config_validate

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 07:24:53PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> The other problem is that we don't want to special case too much on the
> command line because it means keeping the tool constantly up to date
> with all possible loaders and custom loaders that users could/might
> write.

Hm, ok, I'm not sure how to respond to alternate universes arguments in this
context :-)

> The whole point of reading the configuration from sysconfig/cman is that
> once the user sets it to a custom loader, ccs_config_validate picks it
> up automatically without effort that would otherwise require both coding
> on our side and extra parameters from the user to validate.

Yes, I understand the point of sysconfig/cman.  If it were me, everything
everywhere would assume /etc/cluster/cluster.conf, the code would be simpler
and more robust, the tools likewise, and 99.9% of users would be very happy.
To the .1%, sorry.

That puts us at opposite ends of the spectrum, and I suspect the ccs tools are
now somewhere in the middle, so I'm fine with them.

Dave