Re: [Cluster-devel] ccs_config_dump / ccs_config_validate

On 09/09/09 18:24, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 10:42 -0500, David Teigland wrote:
On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 10:50:46PM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
   -d                    Produce debug output

I would prefer to skip debug completely and leave verbose to print
everything it prints now.

ok

Debugging options:
   -C config_loader      Override config plugin loader

Forgot to mention this one.. being able to override is not debugging.

just remove "Debugging options", all those options are actually useful.

Ok.

For example I just imported current cluster.conf into LDAP, before I
change default settings, I can ask to validate the config there (or
whatever possible combination).

Would it be useful to allow

ccs_config_validate -l [/path/to/file | ldap/url] ?

(To me, the sysconfig/cman nonsense is actually the part that makes all this
too complicated for normal humans to keep straight.  99% of users will not be
using sysconfig/cman, so let's be sure not to sacrifice clarity for the sake
of the 1%.)

The ldap config is complex and requires at least 2 env vars to be set.
I'll need to check with Chrissie if it's possible to pass them embedded
in the URL as I am really not the ldap expert.

In theory you can. In practise it doesn't work, unfortunately :-(

Chrissie