Re: [Cluster-devel] Patch: making DLM more robust

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 10:23:25AM +0100, Menyhart Zoltan wrote:
> If we cannot obtain a given resource within a limited time frame,
> then it is a real error for the customer: s/he cannot mount an OCFS2
> volume, cannot issue a cluster command, etc.

Matter of opinion and preference I suppose.

> >2. The difficulty, even with EINTR, is correctly and cleanly unwinding the
> >dlm_controld state.
>
> Let's take this example indlm/libdlm/libdlm.c:

The problem is not backing out of libdlm, it's leaving the cpg group, etc
in dlm_controld (when the join itself is not even complete).  It should
all be possible, but I've never viewed this as a problem worth fixing
given the effort required.

Dave