Re: [Cluster-devel] Cluster 3.0.7 stable release

Hello Fabio,
hello list,

Am Dienstag, den 12.01.2010, 12:16 +0100 schrieb Fabio M. Di Nitto:

> The cluster team and its community are proud to announce the 3.0.7
> stable release from the STABLE3 branch.
>
> This release contains a few major bug fixes. We strongly recommend
> people to update your clusters.
>
> In order to build/run the 3.0.7 release you will need:
>
> - - corosync 1.2.0
> - - openais 1.1.1
> - - linux kernel 2.6.31

gfs-kernel doesn't build against 2.6.32 without the following (untested)
change:

sed 's/generic_file_aio_write_nolock/blkdev_aio_write/' \
   -i gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.c

But i don't know if this change is the right thing to do...

--8<--

> Under the hood (from 3.0.6):

--8<--
> Fabio M. Di Nitto (15):
--8<--
>       gfs: disable gfs kernel and userland tool build by default

This one caught my attention...

Is porting of gfs-kernel to latest vanilla kernel still in progress or
is gfs1 going to be abandoned anytime soon?

Some quick and dirty testing with gfs2 went fine so far.

Thanks,

Marc