Re: [Cluster-devel] skipping unused services, cman_tool join -A

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 02:27:52PM -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> To avoid loading+running services that you don't use (e.g. to avoid bugs
> crashing the system from a service you're not using)
>
> add to cluster.conf
>
> <service name="corosync_cman" ver="0"/>
> <service name="openais_ckpt" ver="0"/>
>
> run cman_tool join -A
>
> (or set CMAN_JOIN_OPTS env var)

Currently cman_tool loads the list of services defined by
"openaisserviceenablestable", which is clm, evt, ckpt, msg, lck, tmr.

I suggest that by default cman_tool only load the services that we use,
namely ckpt (and cman of course).  If someone wants to use another of the
services, they can use cluster.conf <service> to load it.

I don't think this suggestion went over very well last time I brought it
up, but recently the trend has been shifting toward narrowing our exposure
to things we've tested... so I'm tossing it out one more time.

Dave