[Cluster-devel] [Patch 04/44] libgfs2: Make check_sb and read_sb operate on gfs1 file systems

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 13:55:39 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| Hi,
|
| The return values are a bit confusing, could we have 1 for gfs1, 2 for
| gfs2, and negative for error? Also lets call these functions
| libgfs2_check_sb etc, to try and keep the interface clean,
|
| Steve.

Hi,

Good idea.

Since the change was pretty pervasive, I broke it into two patches:
03/44 and 04/44.  The idea behind patch 3 was to add the gfs1 variable
to the in-core superblock structure without changing the logic to
minimize wading through ugly logic.  The idea behind patch 4 was to
set the variable when the superblock is read in, and fix up the logic
accordingly, but I should be done it more cleanly.
I'll redesign patch 4 and send out a replacement.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems