[Cluster-devel] checkquorum script for self fencing

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 05:56:45 UTC 2011

On 12/21/2011 08:28 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I recently detected that checkquorum script for self fencing.
>
> That seems to work reliable, but the remaining nodes (with quorum) does not
> get any fence acknowledge.
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to extend the checkquorum script so that it
> runs fence_ack_manual on the fence master after some safety timeout?
>
> Or do you think that is a bad idea?

We are already working on a similar feature based on checkquorum, but I
got injured on my hand and I had to delay a bit the write up for the
feature (I am incredibly slow writing with one hand, never mind the
typos ;)).

The way you suggest is dangerous, so no, don't take that route.

The full feature proposal will come soon after this December
holiday/xmas break.

Fabio