Re: [Cluster-devel] Eaton fence agent and more power devices support

Hi Fabio,

2011/1/24 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto redhat com>
On 1/24/2011 1:18 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
> 2011/1/20 Marek 'marx' Grác
>
>     Hi,
>

>     Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>         Hi Marek and the list,
>
>         First of all, happy new year to you all: health, happiness and
>         ... high availability ;-)
>
>         I've just derived a fence_eaton_snmp script, based on
>         fence_apc_snmp.
>         You'll find attached the diff against the latest fence-agents
>         repository.
>
>         This has been tested with the suitable hardware (Eaton Managed
>         ePDU): http://www.epdu.com
>         Can you please merge this for the next cman releases.
>
>     Finally, I was able to review your code. I have few minor
>     suggestions how to make code be better but we can solve that later.
>     But I can do that later when we will have an access to this device.
>     Fence agent will be part of the next fence-agents package.
>

> excellent, thanks.
> Do you have any idea about the next official release date?

It won´t be too long before I´ll cut another upstream release. I am
waiting for Marek to push some last fixes and we should be good to go.

perfect timing.
is an RPM update also scheduled?

> I'm still checking with Fabio to provide a suitable device for Denmark.

Ok perfect, let me know how the search goes. I sent the plug spec in
another email. Shouldn´t be too hard to get it. Worst case, send me
something that supports 220v/50hz and I´ll do some surgery on other
cables :)

well, the voltage and ouput plugs are not the issue.
but the input seems to be. I've just got in touch with our Danish representative to finalize this.
I should be able to send you an update around tomorrow.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com