[Cluster-devel] Eaton fence agent and more power devices support

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:19:09 UTC 2011

Hi Fabio,

2011/1/24 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com>

> On 1/24/2011 1:18 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > Hi Marek,
> >
> > 2011/1/20 Marek 'marx' Grác
> >
> >     Hi,
> >

> >     Arnaud Quette wrote:
> >
> >         Hi Marek and the list,
> >
> >         First of all, happy new year to you all: health, happiness and
> >         ... high availability ;-)
> >
> >         I've just derived a fence_eaton_snmp script, based on
> >         fence_apc_snmp.
> >         You'll find attached the diff against the latest fence-agents
> >         repository.
> >
> >         This has been tested with the suitable hardware (Eaton Managed
> >         ePDU): http://www.epdu.com
> >         Can you please merge this for the next cman releases.
> >
> >     Finally, I was able to review your code. I have few minor
> >     suggestions how to make code be better but we can solve that later.
> >     But I can do that later when we will have an access to this device.
> >     Fence agent will be part of the next fence-agents package.
> >

> > excellent, thanks.
> > Do you have any idea about the next official release date?
>
> It won´t be too long before I´ll cut another upstream release. I am
> waiting for Marek to push some last fixes and we should be good to go.

perfect timing.
is an RPM update also scheduled?

> I'm still checking with Fabio to provide a suitable device for Denmark.
>
> Ok perfect, let me know how the search goes. I sent the plug spec in
> another email. Shouldn´t be too hard to get it. Worst case, send me
> something that supports 220v/50hz and I´ll do some surgery on other
> cables :)

well, the voltage and ouput plugs are not the issue.
but the input seems to be. I've just got in touch with our Danish
representative to finalize this.
I should be able to send you an update around tomorrow.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com