Re: [Cluster-devel] pcmk+corosync controld, dlm support without cman

On 11/01/2011 06:23 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> That would be really great. Is there any talk of when the next stable
> release of:
> * pcmk+corosync supporting direct communication with dlm gfs, controld
> * The separation of dlm, gfs, controld from cman
>
> will be availabile?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Nick.
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew beekhof net> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Nick Khamis <symack gmail com> wrote:
>>> Hello Gents,
>>>
>>> Thank you so much for your response. That being said, what are the
>>> plans once the next
>>> release of CMAN does not include PCMK and DLM related implementation? From what
>>> I can see, libdlm will be separated from the project completely.
>>
>> When CMAN goes away, the dlm gfs controld's will be talking directly
>> to corosync.
>> I believe the work has already been done but may need additional testing.
>>

>>> Thanks in Advance,
>>>
>>> Nick.

The developer community is targeting Fedora 17 for upstream integration
of this work.  Fedora 17 schedule hasn't been published and won't be
until F16 is finalized.  (next few weeks).  I expect other distros will
follow on once the dust settles.

Regards
-steve
.