[Cluster-devel] clvm, snapshots and live migration

Hi all,

We use clvm and store VM images on shared storage, and our backup tool uses LVM snapshots,
which seems to require that we exclusively lock the LVs.

But live migration requires that we activate the LVs on two nodes, so this conflicts with exclusive locks.

So is there a way to convert the exclusive lock into a local lock. I get an error when try that.

For example:

First acquire an exclusive lock:
# lvchange -aey vmdisks/vm-102-disk-1

I now want to change that into an local lock:

# lvchange -aly vmdisks/vm-102-disk-1
  Error locking on node proxmox-7-60: Device or resource busy

Is there a way to do that? What is the reasoning behind not allowing that?

- Dietmar