[Cluster-devel] dlm: master - dlm: clear out old stuff and build system

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 20:45:52 UTC 2011

On 10/03/2011 08:23 PM, David Teigland wrote:
>>  dlm/libdlm/libdlm.pc.in               |   11 -
>>  dlm/libdlm/libdlm_lt.pc.in            |   11 -
>>
>> dropping the .pc file is going to break dlm users.
>>
>> pc files are used by different build systems (not just
>> autotools/autoconf) to detect libdlm and link against it correctly.
>>
>> Similar to what you use for libxml2 in your new build system, they
>> provide pkg-config information.
>
> ok, I've pushed this out, including this which I suspect is not quite
> correct:
>
> DESTDIR=
> PREFIX=/usr
> LIBDIR=/usr/lib64
> HDRDIR=/usr/include
> MANDIR=/usr/share/man
> PKGDIR=/usr/lib64/pkgconfig
> UDEVDIR=/etc/udev/rules.d
>
> Should all references to /usr be $(PREFIX) instead?

yes, that's correct. /usr -> $(PREFIX)

There is also a more generic problem that lib64 is not always correct
and depends on architecture, distribution and in some extreme cases
multiarch implementation (something somewhat new that's being pushed
hard in Debian)

Most ./configure would detect it correctly, but in your case, set a
default that allows override (same way as you handle PREFIX).

One minor nit-pick, UDEVDIR upstream has changed to /lib/udev/rules.d
(/lib is hardcoded and doesn't change to /lib64 like it does for libraries).
We never changed STABLE31 since /etc/ still works, but by the time the
new dlm will be available, we should move it in the right location.

Fabio