Re: [Cluster-devel] cluster4 gfs_controld

On 10/13/2011 11:30 AM, David Teigland wrote:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 03:41:31PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
cluster4
. jid from dlm-kernel "slots" which will be assigned similarly
What is the actual algorithm used to assign these slots?

The same as picking jids: lowest unused id starting with 0.  As for
implementation, I'll add it to the current dlm recovery messages.

(Frankly, I'd really like to just set jid to nodeid-1.  Any support for
that?  It would obviously add a slight requirement to picking nodeid's,
which 99.9% of people already do.)

While I think this is simple, I don't think this is the best idea.

This would only work efficiently if the cluster stack only used whole numbers, instead of say "integer" (like native corosync).

-- Lon