[Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 15:41:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 02:25 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:16:38 +0100 Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Stephen, the tree which should be included into linux-next is
> > gfs2-3.0-nmw
>
> OK, I have switched to that now.  Any reason that you didn't take the
> opportunity to remove the kernel version number from the tree URI?

Well, I guess I could have done that, but I didn't think about it at the
time...

> > I think everything should be pretty much identical to before, so let me
> > know if there are any issues,
>
> Well, I didn;t know about your temporary tree, so there is quite a bit of
> stuff here that has never been in linux-next. Linus may, or may not, ask
> you about that.

Yes, he has already asked about it :-) The temporary tree had in any
case only been in existence for a very few days anyway, so the reason
that I'd not sent that location to you was really just that I was still
expecting my kernel.org account to reappear at any time.

I'll send him another pull request shortly, as his objection last time
was (I think) being unable to verify the message I sent him with a
command line tool. Asking him to pull from kernel.org should resolve
that problem I think.

Thanks for adding us back to linux-next and let me know if you find any
issues,

Steve.