Re: [Cluster-devel] use cman_tool leave remove on shutdown/restart

On 09/26/2011 11:05 AM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> in /etc/init.d/cman:
>
> I wonder if it would be safe to use the 'remove' option for runlevel 0 and 6.
>
> Or is that considered dangerous? if so, why?

The leave "remove" option has to be used only when permanently removing
a node from a cluster.
The "remove" code path, totally cancel the knowledge of that node from
the cluster, including quorum recalculation.

It has to be used very carefully for example when doing some long
planned maintenance of the node.