Re: [Cluster-devel] tasks of dlm_recoverd?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 01:43:22PM +0200, Heiko Nardmann wrote:
> Hi together!
>
> During the shutdown of my second cluster node (two node cluster) I
> have seen a process 'dlm_recoverd' running with 100% CPU usage for
> about 6 minutes.
>
> It's just that I have no idea what is the task of this process since
> I haven't been able to find the binary nor a man page for it. Is
> this one coming from the kernel or from one of the cluster
> components?
>
> Can anyone point me into the right direction? Googling hasn't been
> helpful either ...

It's a kernel thread, and it's doing lock recovery.  There have been some
recent improvements to speed up recovery for millions of locks, e.g.
http://git.kernel.org/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=7210cb7a72a22303cdb225bd1aea28697a17bbae