[Cluster-devel] when do I need to start cpglockd

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jun 13 15:26:22 UTC 2012

I just tried to upgrade my packages form STABEL31 to STABLE32, and noticed that there is a new daemon 'cpglockd'

That daemon is always started with the default init script. Is that really necessary?

I just wonder why rgmanager needs 2 different locking mechanism - dlm and cpglockd?

The manual page says:

     -C     Explicitly  disable or enable CPG-based locking.  The default is
              to enable this when RRP is turned on (which requires  a  cluster
              outage).  This option MUST be the same on all hosts in the clus\u2010
              ter and must only be enabled or disabled with all  instances  of
              rgmanager turned off.

But why do I want to enable CPG-based locking, or why not?

- Dietmar