Re: [Cluster-devel] [Patch] GFS2: Add gfs2_lockgather script and man page

On 03/05/2012 07:34 PM, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 19:27 +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> On 03/05/2012 06:51 PM, Adam Drew wrote:
>>> This is a backport of the gfs2_lockgather script and manpage from gfs2_utils upstream.
>>
>> I have to NACK this backport for now.
>>
>> I already explain to Adam what needs changing.
>>
>> Fabio
>>

> What is the issue?

Forgot to mention in the previous email:

since this is a long time (tar/ssh/scp..) running script, it needs to
handle trap of signals and locking differently or if a user hits ctrl+c
or the script is killed for whatever reason, it doesn't clean after
itself. Leaking disk space and leaving the lock file around that would
block the next run.

I didn't check all the paths it uses, but an update to selinux policies
might be necessary too.